I LOVE spicy!!! Like seriously my whole life I have loved spicy food!! My brother and I used to actually have a contest of how many jalapeños we can eat on one nacho. If I see anything jalapeño flavored I typically buy it! I came across this Jalapeño Salt seasoning at HEB the other day and I have no idea how I lived without it before.
My husband and I (really just me) are really trying to eat better this year! After I had our second child I have had a harder time losing the baby weight and he’s 18 months now. I have been making a lot of salads this past week and honestly I don’t know why I rarely did before since they are super easy!! Tonight, I figured I’d take some pictures and share because we both LOVE this dish! I am sure it’s not SUPER healthy, but I do know it’s WAY more healthy than what I typically make, so in our eyes its a “WIN-WIN”. I totally improvise when I cook, so feel free to add or remove things to fit into you and your family taste preference!!
What you need for the Salad-
- Bag of your favorite salad
- Chicken tenders
- Tomatoes (if you please)
- 1 fresh ear of corn
- Jalapeno Salt
- Crumbled Goat cheese (I KNOW this is NOT low in fat)
- Avocado (I forgot to pick this up, but I thing it’s a must!)
- Heat skillet to medium temp. and spray Cast Iron skillet.
- Sprinkle chicken with Jalapeño salt, and then grill your chicken for about 10-15mins depending on thickness.
- While chicken is cooking, chop cilantro, cut corn off the cob, and chop the tomatoes.
- Once chicken is full cooked, let rest.
- Reduce heat to a low-medium temp and spray pan again. Add corn to skillet and cook till lightly charred. YUMMY!!!
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
Toss all ingredients!
Spicy Ranch dressing (a healthy version)
- 1/2 cup fat free plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup low fat milk
- garlic powder to taste
- cracked black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- Jalapeno salt to taste
Whisk all together! Drizzle on top of salad and ENJOY!!
Let me know what you think!! If there should be better instructions or more pictures, I would love some feed back if you tried this at home. 🙂
Have a blessed week!