I LOVE spicy!!! Like seriously my whole life I have loved spicy food!! My brother and I used to actually have a contest of how many jalapeños we can eat on one nacho. If I see anything jalapeño flavored I typically buy it! I came across this Jalapeño Salt seasoning at HEB the other day and I have no idea how I lived without it before.
My husband and I (really just me) are really trying to eat better this year! After I had our second child I have had a harder time losing the baby weight and he’s 18 months now. I have been making a lot of salads this past week and honestly I don’t know why I rarely did before since they are super easy!! Tonight, I figured I’d take some pictures and share because we both LOVE this dish! I am sure it’s not SUPER healthy, but I do know it’s WAY more healthy than what I typically make, so in our eyes its a “WIN-WIN”. I totally improvise when I cook, so feel free to add or remove things to fit into you and your family taste preference!!
What you need for the Salad-
- Bag of your favorite salad
- Chicken tenders
- Tomatoes (if you please)
- 1 fresh ear of corn
- Jalapeno Salt
- Crumbled Goat cheese (I KNOW this is NOT low in fat)
- Avocado (I forgot to pick this up, but I thing it’s a must!)
- Heat skillet to medium temp. and spray Cast Iron skillet.
- Sprinkle chicken with Jalapeño salt, and then grill your chicken for about 10-15mins depending on thickness.
- While chicken is cooking, chop cilantro, cut corn off the cob, and chop the tomatoes.
- Once chicken is full cooked, let rest.
- Reduce heat to a low-medium temp and spray pan again. Add corn to skillet and cook till lightly charred. YUMMY!!!
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
Toss all ingredients!
Spicy Ranch dressing (a healthy version)
- 1/2 cup fat free plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup low fat milk
- garlic powder to taste
- cracked black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- Jalapeno salt to taste
Whisk all together! Drizzle on top of salad and ENJOY!!
Let me know what you think!! If there should be better instructions or more pictures, I would love some feed back if you tried this at home. 🙂
Have a blessed week!
Need an EASY last minute food idea?
Do you love cheese?! In my mind everything is better if you add cheese. I love serving cheese at all my gatherings. I also like to bring cheese plates/cheese balls for most house parties I go to. What is your favorite go to cheese?
Have you heard of Boursin? I love love love it so much! It is already flavored with “garlic & fine herbs” so you don’t have to do much to make it amazing! I have added SO many different types of ingredients that I am convinced you cannot go wrong.
Today, I had my side of the family come over for a Thanksgiving BBQ. I knew everything wouldn’t be ready once they arrived, so I put out a cheese ball. We LOVE bacon, I mean who doesn’t right? Well I have been obsessing over this jalapeño bacon I bought recently so I made about 5-6 strips in the microwave and then chopped it into small pieces. I pulled out 1 package of Boursin unwrapped and placed in a pretty white bowl. Then, I sprinkled the bacon on top and around the sides. Can you tell they loved it?!!
Other Options I have tried (chopped and mixed in then I shape into a ball) I use 1 package for about 10 people so just double it for larger groups. I use mini crackers to help cut down on double dipping.
- chopped dried cranberries, then you can roll in chopped pecans.
- chopped pecans, then pour honey on top
- bacon mixed in or just all around
Let me know what you make!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Ok, so if you are anything like me you will enjoy this life hack! This is perfect for a child, or an adult who is a child at heart! ❤
My husband gets our oldest up every morning and takes him to school. (Yes, he is GOD sent) Our oldest is also a SUPER picky eater! I really try to get creative, so he gets enough decent food in his growing 8 year old body. I thought of this a few years back and I make it fairly often now. Takes maybe 30 mins for the whole loaf!
What you will need:
- 1 loaf of bread – I buy a flavored kind to add sweetness, you can literally use any loaf of bread even from a fancy bakery! 😉
- DO NOT DISCARD bag bread came in
- 6-8 eggs
- 1/8-1/4 cup of milk – If you don’t use flavored bread you could even use like a yummy flavored creamer!! YUMM!
- Butter/Oil/PAM – whatever non- stick item you like to use to cook with
- Large Pan/Skillet
- Pre-heat stove top to medium heat.
- Crack eggs in a bowl, add milk and whisk to mix.
- Rub butter on skillet to cover cooking surface.
- Generously soak 1 slice of bread in egg mixture and place on skillet.
- Cook until browned on each side and let cool COMPLETELY!
- Once you have made the whole loaf and they have cooled place bake into bag and put in freezer.
- Wake up, get your french toast out and place in toaster. (so easy right?!)
- Pop onto plate, add any toppings you desire or eat plain!!!
- HAVE AN AMAZING DAY!
Let me know your thoughts or suggestions!